New Car Test Drives
Arrange a Test Drive
As well as put you in touch with some of the best new car quotes in the UK, Askaprice.com also prides itself on helping you, the customer, in every step of the car-buying process. We believe a new car test drive is one of the best and most valuable things you can do when buying your new car.
Select your chosen manufacturer for your test drive below:
That’s why we provide a free, no obligation service that helps you arrange a test drive.
That way you get to have a go behind the wheel of any new car you’re interested in, get a feel of the machine and whether it’s the right one for you.
Even if the new car test drive doesn’t go to plan and you decide you’d like to try something different, then Askaprice.com is there to help again by sorting another one for you – in fact you can arrange a test drive as many times as you want!
Askaprice.com has a strong relationship with some of the UK’s leading dealer groups which means we’re able to offer our free test drive service with some of the biggest manufacturer names on the market.
As well as some of the most popular manufacturers like Ford and Volkswagen, Askaprice.com can also arrange a test drive with some of the more salubrious names on the market like Audi, Jaguar and Mercedes-Benz.
Simply choose your preferred manufacturer and fill in the ‘Arrange a Test Drive’ form!
Why's it so important to take a test drive
At the risk of sounding cheesy, buying a new car is an emotional process.
That’s not because some of the prices will have you crying but because your new car needs to feel right for you and suit your driving style and lifestyle.
Even if you own an Aston Martin DB9, if it doesn’t suit your lifestyle, you’re probably going to regret your investment.
Written reviews and manufacturer buyers guides are excellent resources helping you to make a decision on your ideal car, but there’s no substitute to getting behind the wheel.
That way you can get a feel of the car, how it handles, visibility and more importantly, whether it’s the one for you.
What to do on a test drive
We’ve created a handy test drive video at the top of the page which outlines what you should aim to do when taking a new car test drive.
We’ve cherry picked the best protocol for a new car test drive:
- Test drive the vehicle you’re interested in - Where possible test the exact model you’re thinking of buying rather than a derivative of the same model as they could handle completely differently.
- Drive route – Try and test the car on a variety of road surfaces and types which require different speeds and different styles of driving. That way you’ll get as detailed an impression of the car as possible.
- The longer the better – The more time you spend behind the wheel the more you’ll know if it’s the one for you.
- Park it – Parking is one of the hardest things to do in a car so see how you cope in your potential new car.
- Lifestyle – The most important aspect of a new car is whether it suits your lifestyle – Test drives provide the best insight into a car’s suitability.