| 21st June 2012
If you've ever failed an MOT for something as small as a broken bulb then you'll understand just how incredibly frustrating it can be. Even worse is when you've taken your car in for a service at your local garage recently - how could they have missed something so simple, you think...
We want to highlight just how much more effective a service from a franchised dealership can be, and how it can be better for a car in the long-term than using an unlicensed mechanic from the local area.
Case Study: Honda
Honda has been one of the world's leading automotive manufacturers for years, producing incredibly successful models such as the Acura, Accord, Civic and many more. Their popularity has seen them become a true global powerhouse in the automotive industry, producing creative designs and vehicles that are streets ahead of the competition.
Franchised dealerships are available across the globe, with specialist technicians on-hand to provide a level of aftercare that simply can't be matched by other companies.
The Benefits of Using a Franchised Dealership
A lot of people that purchase a Honda insist on taking their car to a local unlicensed garage instead of a Honda dealership. There may be a number of reasons why, but those reasons are likely perpetuated by myths.
Below is the reality of what people can expect when they book a Honda service through a local dealership:
- Getting a service at a local Honda dealership is actually cheaper than people may think. A Honda dealership will at least promise to match the price quoted by a local garage
FREE HEALTH CHECK
- Honda will provide a free health check of your car when you book it in for a service
- Honda's trained technicians and specialists know exactly what they're looking for when servicing. They'll be able to pinpoint problems more accurately and efficiently than a standard mechanic
- Honda's specialists know their company's models inside and out, and will be able to spot small niggles and repair them, instead of them becoming costly repairs in the future
Only the Highest-quality Parts and Servicing
A basic mechanic will also make people wait for certain parts if he doesn't have any currently available at the garage. They may also be standard parts of insufficient quality. Honda specialists know exactly what their models need to fulfil their potential, which is one of the greatest advantages of getting a Honda service at a local dealership:
QUALITY PARTS AND INSTALLATION
- Honda dealerships will have high-quality parts available at their disposal, that are specifically tailored to their brands and models
EFFICIENCY AND PERFORMANCE
- Using only the best parts, and by using the depths of their knowledge, Honda's team is able to improve the car's performance and long-term health
- When servicing, and by using only the best parts possible, the car will become more fuel-efficient, helping keep overall costs lower and the car in excellent condition
FITTED BY TRAINED TECHNICIANS
- Honda's technicians are the elite of Honda servicing and repair. They'll know exactly what each and every Honda model needs to maximise its performance - much better than an unlicensed mechanic who has limited knowledge of specific Honda models
Need a Honda Service?
We've covered the differences between getting a Honda serviced at a dealership as opposed to a mechanic and the long-term advantages. But what are the other benefits of getting a Honda serviced?
PREPARE FOR AN MOT
- A Honda technician will know exactly what they're looking for when they evaluate your car. A good, thorough service at a Honda dealership will help people pass their MOT with flying colours
AVOID LONG-TERM COSTS
- A health check for your car is always a good idea. Getting your Honda serviced will always keep it in excellent condition, avoiding costly long-term costs and damages
- A service can help people prepare for the good old British weather! Do tyres need changing before winter sets in? Are the hot summer months likely to cause engine issues? Be prepared!
LESS HOLIDAY HASSLE
- Is people are planning on going away in their Honda, it'd be wise to get it serviced beforehand to eliminate the possibility of any breakdowns, and hours spent at the roadside
Information provided by the team at Honda-servicing.co.uk.